This week was one of those weeks I did not feel like meal planning. Usually if I go to the grocery store without a list, things can get out of control (especially if I go when I’m hungry haha!). I have been frequenting Trader Joe’s lately because I save significantly more money on our bill in comparison to when I shop at Safeway. So Kensley and I were browsing the aisles trying to get inspired when I came across the Trader Joe’s Thai Yellow Curry Sauce. I had passed by this item a few times, but decided today was the day we would try this.
One of my all time favorite dishes at a Thai restaurant is the yellow curry with chicken, potatoes, onions, and carrots. I grabbed all these ingredients and a box of the frozen Trader Joe’s Organic Jasmine Rice to accompany my curry. The frozen rice at TJs is awesome. Takes 3 minutes in the microwave and makes about 2 servings of rice. They also have frozen quinoa too for those looking for a healthier option.
This dinner really only took about an hour and turned out like restaurant quality thanks to the premade curry sauce. I did not expect it to taste so authentic, but they did a really great job with the flavors. I chose to add chicken to my recipe, but you could keep this dish vegetarian or add shrimp!
- 1/2lb baby carrots or 3 regular carrots chopped
- 1/2 yellow onion chopped
- 5 Dutch yellow baby potatoes chopped
- Trader Joe’s Thai Yellow Curry Sauce
- 1 lb chicken breast chopped into bite size pieces
- Trader Joe’s Organic Jasmine Rice (or whatever rice you prefer)
- Bring about 4 qtz of water to boil. Once water is boiling add potatoe and carrots and boil till tender. Took about 10 minutes for me. Drain and set aside.
- While potatoes and carrots boil, add 2 tbp of EVOO to saucepan. Cook down onions till they are soft and then add chicken. Cook on medium high heat till chicken is cooked through.
- Once chicken is cooked through add the potatoes and carrots and the curry sauce. Let the sauce simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Microwave rice according to package while sauce is simmering. Serve with curry on top of rice and enjoy!
Let me know your thoughts in the comments! 😍